Hello aspiring authors!
As we forge ahead with offering articles on MTGCast, we have a list to help you get started (which will be continually updated) that I please ask that you try and follow.
- PLEASE proofread your articles, I don’t have time to proofread all articles that are submitted
- Two methods for submitting your article
- Aim to keep language in articles PG-13
Option #1) Write them in the MTGCast forums (preferred method!)
- Allows for easier use of images in the article
- Allows for use of BBCodes to automate card links
- To use the article writer’s area, you need to create a free account in the MTGCast forums
- Once you have an account, simply head to the Article Submission area and start writing, editing and getting feedback on your article!
Option #2) Write your article in a word processing program and submit via email
- Write your article in Microsoft Word or the free open-source OpenOffice Writer or Abiword
- Times New Roman font
- Font size 12
- For deck lists or any major formatting, use the built-in Table function, it transfers over very well
- Please hyperlink all links inside the word editor (will appear like blue text in the editor window)
- Output file in *.doc format and please include all images used in the article separately
- In the email submitting the article to email@example.com, make sure to include author name and article title
Thank you for your interest in writing articles for MTGCast!
Please email me with any questions to Tom at firstname.lastname@example.org