Since Cluze is on a boat and the only thing that happened was the SCG Players Championship, we grabbed Chris Lansdell to cover this week. He writes for SCG and he’s generally entertaining, so what the heck. Also, SCG Worlds was confusing and bizarre on paper, though we’re all pretty sure it made sense when it was live. Then there’s a bit of news about new cards, new free cards, new random products, the continuing slow death of Legacy, and why people seem to hate the current Standard. All in all, it was a fun episode that contained zero Rogue One spoilers, and isn’t that the most important thing?
MNM Hosts This Week
Chewie Slate from Mana Pool Productions (Youtube, Twitch), @TheManaPool
Bill Bloodworth (Squee) from Enchant World, @SqueeGoblnNabob
Chris Lansdell from Tapping Out, writer at StarCityGames, L2 Judge, @lansdellicious
This Week in Magic
– SCG Players Championship coverage (sort of)
– How it worked
– 2017 GP Video Coverage (such as it is)
– Covering the final Super Sunday Series Championship instead of the Legacy GP. Kinda sad.
– Upcoming FNM promos
– New Judge foils announced
– Oath of Ajani
– Tezzeret the Schemer (not Schumer)
– Sam Stoddard asks for feedback on Standard
– Squee follows up with a (serious) question of his own
– MTG Mystery Boxes are a thing at big-box retailers
– MTGO Announcements
– Bug Blog Update 12-15
– Gleemax is apparently playable on MTGO. Run away!
– Flashback Favorites and Throwback Standard Gauntlets
– MTGO Event Calendar
– Year of Modern Flashback drafts
Intro/Outro music: Justice League Unlimited Theme by Michael McCuistion
Sign up to help support MTGCast!
Chewie, Cluze, Squee, & Wil Blanks – The Monday Night Magic News Team!
And thanks as always to Wil Blanks (@HairlessThoctar), who works behind the scenes to make sure we always have plenty of stuff to talk about each week!
Brought to you by Mana Pool Productions
Support Chewie on Patreon