MTG Fast Finance is a weekly podcast that tries to break down the flurry of financial activity in the world of Magic: The Gathering into a fast, fun and useful thirty minute format. Follow along with our seasoned hosts as they walk you through this week’s big price movements, their picks of the week, metagame analysis and a rotating weekly topic.
For the highest quality episode we offer, please find us at our Soundcloud page!
Show Notes: May 28th
Segment 1: Top Movers of the Week
Mesmeric Orb (Mirrodin)
Gain: +$4.50 (+65%)
Golgari Grave-Troll (Ravnica)
Gain: +$4.00 (+80%)
Champion of the Parish Foil (Innistrad)
Gain: +$5.00 (+100%)
Elvish Champion Foil (7th Edition)
Gain: +$15.00 (+100%)
Grafdigger’s Cage (Dark Ascension)
Gain: +$5.50 (+125%)
Thousand-Year Elixir Foil (Lorwyn)
Gain: +$12.00 (+400%)
Shelldock Isle (Lorwyn)
Gain: +$6.00 (+200%)
Dreadbore (Return to Ravnica)
Gain: +$10.00 (+250%)
Steamflogger Boss Foil (Future Sight)
Gain: +$4.25 (+566%)
Belbe’s Portal Foil (Nemesis)
Gain: +$26.00 (+650%)
Segment 2: Cards to Watch
- Dragon Arch, Apocalypse, Confidence Level 7: $1.75 to $6+ (+250%, 0-6 months)
- Oath of Nissa, Foil, Oath of the Gatewatch, Confidence Level 7: $6 to $12+ (+100%, 6-12 months)
- Master of Waves, Theros, Confidence Level 8: $4 to $10 (150%, 6-12 months)
- Gavony Township, Innistrad, Confidence Level 6: $5 to $12 (+140%, 3-6 months)
- Void Winnower, Battle for Zendikar, Confidence Level 7: $2 to $8 (+300%, 6-12+ months)
- Chord of Calling, Magic 2015, Confidence Level 8: $10 to $20 (+100%, 12+ months)
Disclosure: Travis and James may own speculative copies of the above cards.
Segment 3: Metagame Week in Review
Last weekend, players jammed thousands of games of Modern across two simultaneous GPs in Charlotte and Los Angeles. What showed up and what didn’t? Are there financial opportunities to be found?
Segment 4: Topic of the Week – Eternal Masters Spoilers
Eternal Masters spoilers wrapped up Friday morning, and Magic players worldwide are excited for cards that have been reprinted for the first time in over a decade. What didn’t show up is just as important as what did though. Travis and James talk sealed boxes, singles, what we’re missing, future reprints, and more.
James Chillcott is the CEO of ShelfLife.net, The Future of Collecting, Senior Partner at Advoca, a designer, adventurer, toy fanatic and an avid Magic player and collector since 1994.