Join Reuben Covington and Dan Felder for the fifty-seventh episode of Re-Making Magic, the podcast about game design and custom magic cards.
In this episode:
- The episode comes out late due to Reuben being sick and then distracted by Faeria, Dan’s game that has just entered backer early access.
- You can find Reuben’s streaming of Faeria on his new Twitch Channel
- We talk about “What makes a good mechanic?”
- We highlight mechanics that make the game feel different.
- We talk about how mechanics can tap into core psychological positive feelings.
- Design Challenge: Make an Egyptian mechanic!
You can give us feedback and discuss the episode on the MTGsalvation discussion thread
Ask us questions on our blog: remakingmagic.tumblr.com
MTGsalvation Account: Doombringer
MTGsalvation Account: Stairc