Hero of Fiction!
September 27th, 2010
Remember yesterday when I warned you you might be scratching your head, wondering if I really am that crazy?
Well this week’s video will set you straight on that one, I think:
Free Fauna Shamans go out to DougP of DougP Goblins and my US Nationals roommate GRat.
I wish I could take credit for “fixing” the drawing, but those are the cats that the random number generator in Google Documents chose. Far be it for me to argue with the Google.
The rest of you can at least smile a gigantic grin that GRat has no hope of reclaiming his unconditional #1 lead in #FloresRewards, having been busted down to 0 with this admittedly miserly Fauna Shaman win. Two Fauna Shamans to each of these fine fellows.
Onto further business:
- Please have your “Thank You” #FloresRewards entries in by September 30. The best entry wins four Fauna Shamans! Details can be found in this blog post.
- Deadline for this week’s Feat of Strength is October 2.
- 15 #FloresRewards for dressing up as your favorite hero of fiction (or books)
- 10 #FloresRewards for taking a picture “with” your favorite hero of fiction (or books); a toy, next to a poster of that person, whatever all count for 10.
- “Best” entry will get a special prize at the end of October. You know, the end of Season One. I anticipate it would be a 15 point dressup one, but if you accidentally run into Hugh Jackman or something, a 10 point #FloresRewards entry might end up best. Holy Celebrity Crushes Batman! … err… Wolverine.
We will be doing something super cool around Shake Shack and the TCGPlayer $5K next weekend. What I don’t know yet. It was BDM’s idea so we’ll probably flesh it out between now and Saturday, and update here on the blog, on Twitter, and so on before this weekend rolls around. Should be an awesome time!
- Get your “Thank You” entries in gear before the end of the week.
- Keep the ideas on new kinds of content coming in (ironically I liked GRat’s the best so far, and he just lost his #FloresRewards… bwahahahaha)
- I hope to see lots of you next weekend… But even if I don’t, let’s get those Hero of Fiction entries rolling in!
Suit Up Against Savagery
In case you haven’t already seen it, here is this week’s Feat of Strength video:
It includes a primer on savage pile-shuffling cheats and a lead-in to the best looking #FloresRewards group pics yet!
So get ready to suit up against savagery 🙂
At the beginning of this Feat’s video, I walk you through the Double Nickel.
The Double Nickel is a savage cheat. It is an innocuous-looking table shuffle “technique” that will perfectly distribute your deck. I wrote about it in the influential How to Cheat over on the other blog… But I thought it might be practical to show you how someone might go about doing this technique.
Just something to remember:
•The rules ask you to make a good faith attempt to randomize your deck.
•“Table shuffling” is not shuffling – As you can see in the video, it doesn’t randomize your deck, but in the case of the Double Nickel, actually perfectly distributes your lands and spells. Is a perfectly distributed deck desirable? Well, you won’t be manascrewed. But on the other hand, if you do this, you will be scum. Savage, savage, scum.
Okay, what does that have to do with a #FloresRewards Feat of Strength?
As our wall against savagery, we are going to show our civilized selves!
For 15 #FloresRewards…
1.Dress Up! Suit up against cheating!
2.Holding a Piece of Bread! Any kind of bread counts; for example cupcakes!
Per usual, additional #FloresRewards or prizes may be given out for the best entries.
This week’s winner will receive a set (four copies of) one of the five Scars of Mirrodin dual lands; that is…
•[card]Blackcleave Cliffs[/card], or
•[card]Copperline Gorge[/card], or
•[card]Darkslick Shores[/card], or
•[card]Razorverge Thicket[/card], or
(There was some confusion around this already this AM (my fault of course!)… Each prize winner will get a set (four lands) of twenty total Scars of Mirrodin dual lands.)
The minimum points threshold for this week’s Feat of Strength is 67 #FloresRewards; though we may do both a drawing and a “best of” for prizes. So do your best!
The rest of the video is us checking out some Fauna Shaman and / or Baneslayer Angel winners, and the announcement of Bighead Joe, Joey Pasko, and Dexter Stevens as winners (which, if you’ve been keeping up with the blog, you already knew).
Don’t forget that at the end of the month, one lucky #FloresRewards participant will topdeck Jace, the Mind Sculptor!
Show’s Email: firstname.lastname@example.org .. or .. email@example.com
Show’s Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/fivewithflores
Show’s Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=147513665271210&ref=ts
Show’s Spreadsheet: http://www.facebook.com/notes/gavin-verhey/want-to-earn-floresrewards-and-win-prizes-heres-how/429312606362
Your Host(s): Michael J. Flores
Don’t forget to support Flores Rewards by shopping at http://TCGPlayer.com/FloresRewards
PS – Buy Deckade any and everywhere!