Welcome to the PGP Film Cast! It is a podcast completely dedicated to movies in the theater where we cover upcoming weekend releases, announced movies, focus on one future movie that has us excited, retro reviews and our (in)famous Top 10 lists!
Subscribe on iTunes or our RSS feed!
- Neil Burger (Limitless) is taking over directing duties on Uncharted from David O. Russell
- Jaume Collet-Serra (Unknown) will direct the live action version of Akira.
- Spike Lee is directing the remake of the Korean film, Oldboy.
- Jack Black, Nicolas Cage, and Steve Carell have been cast in Charlie Kaufman’s Frank or Francis. It’s about a film director who gets into a war of words with an online blogger who trashes his cinematic abilities.
- Arnold Schwarzenegger will star in The Last Stand. He’ll play a small, border town sheriff, who must prevent a drug kingpin, and his henchmen, from crossing the border into Mexico.
- Javier Bardem and Ralph Fiennes have been cast in the next 007 movie. Also, Naomie Harris has been cast as Miss Moneypenny.
- Tom Cruise has been cast as Jack Reacher in the adaptation of One Shot by Lee Child.
- Emma Watson has been cast as the beauty in Guillermo Del Toro’s Beauty and the Beast.
- NBC/Universal has pulled the plug on the Dark Tower movie and TV series.
- Man of Steel has been pushed back to summer of 2013.
- The Help (August 10th)
- Amigo (August 19th)
- Don’t Be Afraid of the Dark (August 26th)
- Conan the Barbarian (August 19th)
- Colombiana (August 26th)
- The Change Up (August 5th)
- Our Idiot Brother (August 26th)
- 30 Minutes or Less (August 12th)
- Rise of the Planet of the Apes (August 5th)
- *The Razzie Award Hopeful(s)* – Spy Kids: All the Time in the World in 4D (August 19th)
Versus! Rubber VS Snakes on a Plane
- A new segment each show where we pit two movies against each other and then see which film comes out on top!
- It’s two surprisingly disappointing horror films, but one has a tire that watches TV!
Retro Review! – What About Bob?
- May 17th, 1991
- Domestic Gross: $63,707,829
- Directed by Frank Oz
- Written by Tom Schulman, Story by Alvin Sargent, Laura Ziskin
- Starring Bill Murray, Richard Dreyfuss, Julie Hagerty, Charlie Korsmo, Kathyrn Erb
- Determined to receive treatment, Bob Wiley, a neurotic New Yorker struggling with a host of paralyzing phobias, follows his psychiatrist on vacation in this quirky family comedy. Pompous shrink Dr. Leo Marvin tries to get rid of the unwanted patient, but Bob ingratiates himself with Marvin’s family. Soon Marvin’s wife and children, charmed by Bob’s childlike enthusiasm, start to think Bob is more fun than Marvin.
- Check out our review, favorite lines, trivia and more about a retro movie each episode.
Top 10 Movie Murderers!
- Some mandatory choices like Buffalo Bill and Hannibal Lecter, and a few surprises like Dr. Giggles!
- Versus is Goonies vs. Monster Squad
- Retro Review is “The Thing with Two Heads”
- Top 10 Movies That Should be Re-made! (list is due by 8/29/2011)
- Email in your lists, ideas for Retro Reviews!
Your PGP Film Cast crew
- Tom – email@example.com
- Jerry – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Chad – email@example.com